One of the hardest parts of inviting someone into your home to care for someone you love is knowing if they’re qualified to be there. We all want what’s best for the people that are close to us, but how can we be sure that they are getting it?
At Midnight Sun Home Care we take that worry off of your shoulders. We require a minimum of six months of direct care experience as well as completion of Certified Companion Aide training through The Seniors Choice within ninety days of employment.
All of our caregivers are thoroughly screened to determine their level of training so that we can place the most qualified and appropriate caregiver with each client. We employ dedicated CCA, CNA, CMA, LPN, and RNs so that no matter what your need, we have someone with the appropriate knowledge to assist you. There’s no automated system that assigns a caregiver to a client. We hand select the best caregiver to suit each case based on caregiver training and experience combined with client needs.
As an added level of assurance we require all of our caregivers to participate in in-service training as well as training programs through the office. We never want our knowledge to fall behind current research or to get dusty from lack of use.
We have documentation that is filled out by every caregiver in a home, follow a Care Plan, and have home visits to each of our clients both with and without caregivers on site. These steps ensure that the correct and best care is being given to all of our clients.
You can rest assured knowing that we’ve selected the best caregivers for you. But we also believe that one of the best practices in Home Care is to be open and honest in our communication with our clients, their family, and other caregivers so if you have any questions about the qualifications of your caregiver, we would love to share what we know with you.
This is just a few of the areas that our caregivers receive training in:
- Alzheimer’s experience
- Automatic Hoyer lift experience
- Bathing experience with a female
- Bathing experience with a male
- Bed bath experience with a female
- Bed bath experience with a male
- Catheter care experience
- Errands & shopping experience
- Experience using a transfer board
- Experience with dementia disorders
- Experience with lower extremity amputee
- Experience with mental health disorders
- Experience with ostomy care
- Experience with oxygen use
- Experience with Parkinson’s disease
- Experience with specialized diets
- Experience with visual impairments
- Household management
- Housekeeping experience
- Incontinence assistance with a female
- Incontinence assistance with a male
- Laundry and linen abilities
- Manual Hoyer lift experience
- Meal plan and preparation experience
- Medication reminder experience
- Personal grooming experience
- Stair lift experience
- Transfer assistance experience
- Wiling to assist with dog care
- Willing to assist with cat care