Presentations & Seminars
Midnight Sun Home Care – Winner of the BBB 2013 Business of the Year Torch Award for Community Involvement, Integrity, and Impression will be presenting the following presentations:
"Mom needs help! Now What?" - Are you caring for or anticipating caring for an elderly or disabled loved one? Are you overwhelmed with what to do and where to go? Do you need help yourself?
This presentation will help guide you in understanding everything from if and when help is needed, what help is available, which is best for you or your loved one and what are the funding options with a focus on in-home care. Includes an explanation of the different resources available as well as home modification and products designed to assist independence at home.
"Fall Prevention and Survival for Seniors" - Falling is one of the greatest fears of seniors and among older adults (those 65 or older), falls are the leading cause of injury death. They are also the most common cause of nonfatal injuries and hospital admissions for trauma.
This Fall Prevention seminar/workshop is a program that uses several different formats to educate people on the very important issue of falls, Fall Prevention and what to do if a person has fallen such as how to safely get up from a fall, how to get help if a fall resulted in injury and things a person can do to minimize the physical, mental and emotional impacts of a fall. It includes a Fall Risk Assessment, and basic training on how to safely get up from a fall. The first 15 attendees will receive a Fall Survival Kit!.
- Chugach Manor Community Room, 1281 E 19th Ave, 2nd Floor, Anchorage, AK - March 14, 2013, 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Primrose Retirement Community, 889 N Elkhorn Dr, Wasilla, AK - April 11, 2013, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Anchorage Senior Center 'Better Breathers Club', 1300 E 19th Ave, Anchorage, AK, May 16, 2013, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 2013 Spring Fling for Women. Main Stage - Egan Convention Center, Anchorage, AK, April 13, 2013, 5:00PM - 6:00 PM
- 2013 Spring Fling for Women. Main Stage - Egan Convention Center, Anchorage, AK, April 14, 2013, 1:00PM - 2:00 PM
"Senior Targeted Fraud and Scams" - With over 28 million Americans the victims of fraud just last year and 30 percent of them seniors, this timely seminar focuses on why seniors are likely targets of fraud, explores types of fraud and scams, how to protect against fraud and helpful resources.
- Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska, 1750 Abbott Rd, Anchorage, AK - April 2, 2013, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Primrose Retirement Community, 889 N Elkhorn Dr, Wasilla, AK - May 2, 2013 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- 2013 Spring Fling for Women. Seminar Room - Egan Convention Center, Anchorage, AK, April 13, 2013, 12:00PM - 1:00 PM
- 2013 Spring Fling for Women. Main Stage - Egan Convention Center, Anchorage, AK, April 14, 2013, 4:00PM - 5:00 PM
"Caregiving as an Occupation" - Interested in becoming a caregiver in the health field? Have a passion for helping older adults, persons with disabilities or children? A career as a professional or part-time caregiver can be one of the most rewarding jobs you’ll ever do - find out more about what it takes to be a professional caregiver!
Be sure to come back and visit this page for updated seminar dates and times.
We look forward to seeing you there!