The holidays are here and boy did they come quickly!! How many of you have not accomplished your shopping yet? I’ll admit I sure haven’t. Like many of us around here we get carried away with work, kids, school, holiday parties, sports events, you name it! Shopping is usually last on the list and that’s IF we feel like battling the cold and icy weather, crowds of people, and long lines.
Here at MSHC we understand how difficult it can be to manage a busy life, and adding an aging loved one into that dynamic can create a whole new stressful situation. We have some shopping tips we would like to share with you in hopes of making your holiday shopping dash much easier:
- Prepare a gift list ahead of time with Mom or Dad!
- Make a plan, close by stores; don’t go to too many places in one day!
- Seek care from an agency like Midnight Sun Home Care for respite care. (You could shop alone!!)
- Do some shopping on-line!
- Taking frequent breaks while out and about, remember to rest your feet!
- Lastly, if you’re in a store you find it difficult to navigate your loved one in due to environment/surrounding challenges, we encourage you to seek out the feedback forms, leave these businesses comments!
We wish you the best of luck, Happy Holidays and a great New Year!